Well, we’re moved that you’re moved.
But first, New Orleans. If you have something against places that have both cosmopolitan appeal and small town charm, you’re out of luck. If you’re not interested in rich history or a robust creative community, this isn’t the place for you. And if affordable living and stupid easy commutes aren’t your jam, you might want to look elsewhere. New Orleans isn’t for everybody, we get it.
And then there’s PETERMAYER.
We’re New Orleanians but come from all over – San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Portland, Seattle, Atlanta, Austin, Detroit, Minneapolis and somewhere in Spain. Our experience spans from Madison Avenue to Silicon Valley to Singapore. We’re experts and neophytes. And we’re constantly looking for other interesting people with diverse skillsets who are willing to share the best ideas in the industry.
Working here comes with all the usual agency benefits like vacation and all the insurances. But our unusual perks are what set us apart.
- Free Parking
- Complimentary Jazz Fest tickets
- Every Day is Bring Your Dog to Work Day
- An Annual Crawfish Boil
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Local beer on tap
- & our offices are closed on Mardi Gras
Assistant Account Executive
PETERMAYER is seeking an Assistant Account Executive (AAE) to join our team. The AAE will assist the account service team in the implementation of strategic marketing plans for our clients. Specifically, the AAE should be a proactive multitasker who will manage billing, competitive reviews, meeting prep, status documentation and more while assisting the account team on various advertising campaigns as needed. This position requires working closely with project management, media, finance and creative teams. Candidates should have at least 6 months of professional agency account management experience or related field experience such as sales or marketing. College degree required.
How You’ll Excel in Your Role
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong written and verbal communication/organizational skills
- Ability to efficiently manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Excel in relationship building – both internally and externally
- Ability to listen to directions but also take initiative where needed, pay close attention to detail and work with numbers
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be able to provide perspective while keeping projects steadily moving forward
- Excellent organizational, analytical, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
What We Value
Our agency’s Guiding Principles are as follows:
- Be Better Together – Respect the people you collaborate with, regardless of title, department or experience.
- Be Honest and Fair – In dealings with clients, coworkers, partners and friends: Do what is right and just without taking advantage of anyone or being taken advantage of.
- Be Generous – In spirit, in time and in effort, being willing to give to those who need and deserve generosity.
- Be Curious – Never stop learning about our business, about others and about what you think you know.
- Be Uniquely You – Bring your individual and distinctive interests, opinions, talents, tastes, ideas and inspirations to your job and your coworkers.
- Be All In – Be enthusiastic about what you do and who you are doing it with. Engage.
PETERMAYER is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Freelance Social Media Manager
Do you ... …like problem solving? ...find social media fascinating in all its forms? ...follow social trends and then try to figure out what’s making them work so well? ...dig collaboration? Check yes to all of the above? We’re looking for a
Social Media Manager
to join our growing team and that just might be you.
- Plan content based on social media strategies to achieve marketing targets
- Create insights-driven results presentations
- Manage creating and publishing original, high quality content on social platforms
- Build reports on monthly and quarterly content performance
- Collaborate across multiple departments to make sure client goals are met
- Train internal teams to integrate and maintain a cohesive social media strategy
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices
- Proven experience managing social media for brands
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms
- Hands-on experience using organic and paid social media for brand awareness
- An ability to identify target audience preferences and build content to meet them
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with an ability to hit deadlines
PETERMAYER is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A PETERMAYER Accounting Supervisor is accountable for the following:
- Effectively provides backup and support to the Senior Director of Finance and Accounting as well as the financial, legal, personnel, and internal affairs of the agency.
- Ensures the timely recording of transactions and the preparation of financial reports.
- Oversees aspects of client billing.
- Manages monthly close. Controls the flow of data into general ledger.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Assists in the preparation of audit/review schedules and review of the books and records with an outside audit team.
- Maintains adequate controls of receipts and disbursements.
- Prepares ad hoc reports as directed by the CEO and the Senior Director of Finance and Accounting.
- Contributes to the preparation of the annual budget.
- Manages Finance staff.
- Documents, monitors, and updates accounting policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What It Takes
position requires the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 3 to 5 years varied accounting experience with 1 to 2 years supervisory experience in a position which encompassed all accounting functions.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices including general accounting, cash management, cost accounting, budgeting, and internal controls.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Attention to detail.
PETERMAYER is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Always Looking For Talent
"I'm a Creative" - sounds fun, right? Thinking, dreaming, being aloof and witty, all at the same time......OK, let's dispense with the stereotypes. You have to have the chops to work in our shop.
We're on the look-out for creative thinkers and doers - unique individuals influenced by a sound understanding of integrated marketing channels--digi-lovers with a respect for traditional. Whatever iteration of your creative journey you may be in right now, please take a peek at our list below--if you're inspired, send us your portfolio for review and consideration for future openings.
Good things to have and do:
- Ability to add conceptual thinking to a design, and ability to design out of conceptual thought.
- Boldly defend for your creative vision, with the ability to passionately and persuasively share that vision with clients and internal teams alike.
- Exceptional type and layout skills - if you have mad skills in this area, you may be good enough for our Studio.
- Deep understanding of visual communication trends.
- Self-starter who manages time and tight deadlines with a great attitude.
- Ability to communicate clearly with design management, brand navigation, other brand artists and clients about your work.
- "Interactive Design" should not be a new term to you.
Please submit resume and portfolio for consideration. No portfolio = no way for us to know you.
PETERMAYER is proud to support diversity--cultural, environmental, experiential. Life happens. We support the twists and turns yours may have taken, and appreciate that it all adds to the flavor of our gumbo.
Future Freelance: Media Planner
PETERMAYER is looking for a seasoned Media Planner who has both traditional and digital media experience. Candidates should be capable of developing campaign that drive client’s ROI metrics and be capable of presenting recommendations or performance reports to clients.
We’ll need you to:
- Have 3+ years of experience in agency setting
- Have a track record for planning and executing successful paid campaign on video, display, mobile, programmatic and social platforms
- Bonus if you can manage programmatic partners (we use Adelphic), self-serve platforms (Facebook, Google, etc.) and operated within our ad server (Sizmek)
- Have experience working with a variety of industries (Travel & Tourism, CPGs, Financial, etc.)
- Be research focused with the ability to use insights to develop media recommendations
- Have the ability to measure ROI to report on and analyze results
- Work as a liaison between media, account and creative teams
We are seeking:
- Someone with an eye for detail and the ability to tell a narrative with media recommendations
- Multi-taskers who can manage their workflow and move from client-to-client, project-to-project and deadline-to-deadline
- Capable communicators that can be clients facing and have excellent written skills
- Freelancers seeking either immediate or future projects
The Account Management discipline forges the client relationship. As champions for the clients' businesses, Account Managers continually educate themselves on their clients' products, industries and any factors that may come into play when building solid brand images.
Client Account Management is engaged in driving the day-to-day business: developing projects, obtaining client approvals, keeping agency personnel informed on a given client's point-of-view - all are checkpoints on Account Management's daily "to-do" list.
If you're in the habit of continually cultivating the standards outlined below and would like to be considered for future Peter Mayer Account Management positions, please send us your resume for future consideration.
- Maintains a positive relationship between team members, both internal and external.
- Ensures that agency output meets agreed-upon strategies and objectives.
- Exhibits ability to think strategically and apply thoughts/ideas to applicable projects.
- Consistently stays ahead of client and account needs.
- Enjoys the challenge of meeting a deadline.
- Makes realistic, workable commitments.
- Creates an environment that allows for the inclusion of others' ideas.
- Controls the work flow and progress.
- Motivates self without prodding or significant direction.
- Organizes thoughts and writing in clear, concise manner.
- Balances client satisfaction with progressive marketing standards.
PETERMAYER is proud to support diversity - cultural, environmental, experiential. Life happens. We support the twists and turns yours may have taken, and appreciate that it all adds to the flavor of our gumbo.